Monday, June 7, 2010

"The Fade Away"

sick of my love life being a novel, but all that’s written I cant undo
slamming pen onto paper every time I talk to you
and this is what it came to when I had to say what I’ve been through
there was no right season for us, look at what its come to

your ‘false’ burned through my heart like acid and made its own tattoo
I wear a coat to protect me from your iced lies that I subdued to

words became invisible lines that I could not speak because all I could say was I love you
focused on all you do
wish all your beauty became true
yet all my best poetry spilled out when I left you

don’t mail me your apologies
your pain and pleasure is all the same
you got what you came for, it was all fair game

this is when I just want you to fade away, go away, stay away
because there’s nothing more to say

save your confessions, put them to rest- they have no value
you’ve become the scratch in my lens
and the dried up ink in my pen
don’t sing your ‘I miss you’s’
leave them at the same door I slammed my heart into

our languages are no longer the same
your ivory soft fingertips are no longer mine to claim
our time curve is against us right now
as your deteriorating mirror’s image fades
it will trap you in the games you’ve played

look at me healing all alone, to stand again on my own, for a once more debut
I write to make myself right, look at who I’ve turned into

this is when I just want you to fade away, go away, stay away
because there’s nothing more to say



-Butta Love