Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"Eager Footsteps"

havent written a new poem in almot 3weeks. this was inspired by 'my devoted reader' Chris Chunn and is also my first villanelle ever:

in the hall outside my bedroom
the dust brushes against the floorboards
the dogs nails peel the backs off of wood crawlers


silent lies echo downstairs
reaching the shine of his jingling keys
in the hall outside my bedroom


where is he going as the clock hits 3
(where are my glasses)twenty-four, am?
the dogs nails peel the backs off wood crawlers


unscrewing of a pen top to place pen to paper
paper to the refrigerator door
in the hall outside my bedroom


the shattering of his glass heart is heard
from the outside of our house
and the dogs nails peel the backs off of wood crawlers


as I move to the middle of the bed
a fort of pillows on the outside will keep you from coming
to the hall outside my bedroom, again
no dreams of you as the dogs nails peel the back off the wood crawlers


-Butta Love, the provocative verbalist